Thursday, April 8, 2010

april poetry ponderings

April 8, 2010

"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden."

- Claudia Ghandi

April 7, 2010

"This spring as it comes bursts up in bonfires green,
Wild puffing of emerald trees, and flame-filled bushes,
Thorn-blossom lifting in wreaths of smoke between
Where the wood fumes up, and the flickering, watery rushes."

- D.H. Lawrence, "The Enkindled Spring"

April 5, 2010
"It was late, late in the evening,
The lovers they were gone;
The clocks had ceased their chiming,
And the deep river ran on."

- W. H. Auden, "As I Walked Out One Evening"

April 4, 2010
"I want to mirror your image to its fullest perfection,
never be blind or too old
to uphold your weighty wavering reflection.
I want to unfold."

- by Rainer Maria Rilke (Translated by Annemarie S. Kidder), "I Am Much Too Alone in This World, Yet Not Alone"

April 3, 2010

"I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body."

- Pablo Neruda, "Sonnet XVII"

No comments:

Post a Comment