Monday, June 21, 2010

laundry

I don't have a washer & drier at home, so I go to the laundry mat. I don't really care for the hot place, but there's one treat. The one thing I love about laundry mats are the little 1-3 year olds running around the mother or father (or both! like tonight). It never fails that when one is crying, bawling, & looking around, the little one sees me, makes eye contact, and I make a funny smile. Instantly, quiet. No more baby crying. The little one has my attention. I don't have to go over to it and make hand gestures, nor do I talk to them. Sometimes the parents notice and thinks it cute, nod, smile at the child, probably thankful that the baby is quiet. All I do afterwards is look their way from time to time, smile, wink, wave, and the baby starts smiling, making funny faces, waving back. :)

It always puts the cherry on top of my ice cream sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment