Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Reneaus - Logs and Specks



I was minding my own business, driving along on the Wendell H. Ford Western Kentucky Parkway from Elizabethtown, past Central City, and toward Eddyville. I stopped in Princeton for some fresh air and some antique store window shopping, but the day was growing long and I still had several hours on the road to go before reaching Memphis. I managed to tune in to WKU Public Radio and caught the Barren River Breakdown radio program, starting with the Hazel Dickens song "A Few Old Memories" -- which was appropriate for my train of thought at the time -- and I just stayed with the station as it progressed through Town Mountain, Israel Nash Gripka, and The Reneaus, among others. This Bowling Green band struck me and I'm compelled to share this video. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did while watching rolling hills fade into corn fields and then crossing bridges over rivers and lakes in the western Kentucky landscape. Also, BRB does have a Facebook fanpage and may return to posting setlists of the program in their Notes, so be sure to "like" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment