Tuesday, July 6, 2010

bird

"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." - Victor Hugo (1802-1885; French Romantic Poet, Novelist, and Dramatist)


"Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark." - Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941; Indian Poet, Playwright, and Essayist; Won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913)


"I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn." - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862; American Essayist, Poet, and Philosopher)


"I wanted to know the name of every stone and flower and insect and bird and beast. I wanted to know where it got its color, where it got its life - but there was no one to tell me." - George Washington Carver (1864-1943; American horticulturist, Chemist, and Educator)

No comments:

Post a Comment