Tuesday, November 27, 2007

archive: 27 november 2007: banjo & art & holiday gifts

I have been plucking around on my banjo some lately. I started to learn John Hardy the other day from this one written tab, and then I look up the song elsewhere and its arranged a different way! Sounds completely different to me. ah well. That might be a bit strange for me sometimes.

I keep hearing songs on the radio or old ones I really like a lot and think to myself, "that probably would sound really neat on the banjo." hehehe. I am ready to figure out how to do that... Or, well... eager to learn!

Money is really screwed up for me right now. I want to start taking lessons but I don't think I will be able to afford to start this December even.... I was going to start in November but... yeah. I have got to start making some stuff at home so that I have Christmas presents for people. I will not be able to buy ANYTHING... I haven't figured out yet what I will make for my nephew.... He's 6, almost 7, and I want to get him books; He's reading on a 3rd grade level now and he's in 1st grade! So maybe I can find some discounted ones somewhere for him and maybe I should try making one just for him. Maybe? Hrm....

I think that's what I will try doing tonight, working on the art projects as gifts for a couple of friends. I need to figure out what kind of glue to use to glue paper, fabric, and other items to glass. I also have to design one for my mom and sister.... Figure out something for my brother-in-law... Something for my aunts and uncles.... AGH!!!!!!!! Maybe I will make some origami mobiles or something. *sigh* Time.... where does it all go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment