Thursday, August 21, 2008

archive: 21 August 2008: when harry met sally

I just watched When Harry Met Sally... again. Its probably the only film I actually like Billy Crystal in, and I adore Meg Ryan's kooky character. In some ways I identify with her character Sally. I think that Sally's either a Virgo or Capricorn (maybe Taurus) and that Harry is definitely a Cancer or Scorpio. Very much earth and water.

Anyway... Just watching that again makes me a bit curious. How are things going to pan out? Will this continue on forever and forever simply as friends? Long-time writing friends, friends who call each other up occasionally to ramble on about this new writing project or work plans or... I don't know. We never had the obvious sexual tension that Harry and Sally have, but... there was definitely some tension floating between us. I wonder if I will ever know.

And will the people I will feel drawn to emotionally and become involved with... Will they end up being people who are distractions for a while until the time is right? Until things can be understood, realized, expressed?

I did just read that the original script did have Harry and Sally becoming just friends after everything afterall. But they changed that for the film's optimistic "happily ever after" effect and romantic comedy high sales benefit. Ah well.

Humans are interesting creatures. I have said it before, and I can say it again: There's hardly anyone I didn't found attractive even for a few moments, or few days, or weeks, or months... :) Mini-crushes or more intense ones. I guess it comes down to truly appreciating a person as they are.

I wonder though, if in fact, I will be stuck on this one person. Right now I might feel that way. And nothing's ever happened but hours long conversations and bourbon drinking, hugs, one movie-watching evening together (The Hours), running into each other during long walks, and hanging out with some of the greatest musical friends ever.... That's a lot of great times. And now my last memory is visiting in his hometown, standing in July's bright sun, last hug goodbye, hair golden brown, smile half-cocked sincere, and a good laugh. "See ya later, Ol' Cat," he says.

I had a dream the other day... A photo and a caption: "Miss." The comment, from him, would be, "I miss you, too." I'm a silly ol' gal, all right.

I can only post this here, and not on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment