Tuesday, March 16, 2010

my nephew's birthday

Happy birthday to you! 
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Ryland!
Happy birthday to you!

I'm a silly aunt and haven't mailed your birthday present yet!  I hope that you're feeling better and had some cookies for your birthday!  So you're nine years old!  Did you know that in China the number nine is a lucky number?  The Emperor's robes would often have nine dragons on it because nine meant that he would rule the empire for a long time and the dragons meant that he would have a lot of power, strength, and good luck as Emperor.  :)  So you will have a very long and lucky ninth year, I'm sure!

Happy Birthday, Ryland, and I am sending you get well wishes and lots of love!  

Love, 
Your Aunt Laura

2 comments:

  1. Ryland enjoyed your message and wants to know how you did the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I played with a website called http://www.picnik.com/ He can upload a picture and edit it with free tools by cropping it, writing on it, making it have a 1960s look, fuzzy, black&white, etc. :) There are some labeled "premium" that require payment, but a lot can still be done with the freebie tools. :)

    ReplyDelete