Saturday, March 6, 2010

pantry redesign

I was tired of bags and boxes in my pantry all jumbled up together. I've also become a little more sensitive and/or annoyed at advertising everywhere I look, so emptying my pantry of most of that "product placement" feeling makes it feel downright me.  I also have this new-found love of mason jars.  So I decided to do something about the mess and make looking in my pantry/cabinet a little more exciting to me.  As a photographer, I love to see bright colors and patterns in nature, so seeing the grains, pastas, beans, etc., through clear jars instead of hidden in rolled up bags and crushed boxes makes me happy.



I also picked up a couple brightly colored baskets from a department store.  These have little packets of spices I got at farmers' markets and soup mixes.  I still have to get some more jars; I bought 24 and I still need some for the flour and sugar.

1 comment:

  1. The jars are a great idea. Love it and it looks so much more organized and clean.

    ReplyDelete