Sunday, January 2, 2011

2 January 2011: Bird Necklace


2JAN2011, originally uploaded by blueathena7.

When I lived in Mississippi I had the opportunity to visit New Orleans more often than I do now. On one of our excursions to the French Market I bought a necklace that consisted of glass beads in an array of many colors. It was a long necklace that I could either tie in a knot to have a small pendant of beads or loop around my neck twice to have two necklaces in one. Somehow I lost that string of glass beads around 2 years ago. So this year while wandering around the aisles of Micheal's craft store I decided to snatch up a case of multi-colored glass beads, plus some little silver beads, wire, and a silver bird. I would replicate the necklace I loved and add a touch of what I love now. Hence, this necklace. Yep, it is my new favorite necklace. Here's hoping I don't lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment