Monday, January 10, 2011

9 January 2011: Books and Birds


9JAN2011, originally uploaded by blueathena7.
I see this little bird every morning and evening. This stack of books and this little bird are on a small shelf by my mirror where I dry my hair in the mornings and take off my jewelry in the evenings.  Sometimes I notice the titles from time to time, other times this space is overlooked, blending into the white walls of the bedroom.  How does red blend into the environment of a room? Your eyes become blind and see only patterns of routine.  I want the title "Lust For Life" to remind me that is what I should have in my being every morning... an energy that propels me through the day for every aspect of living.  "The Stranger", as a title, should remind me that, one, I am a stranger to some people, and two, that I should meet a stranger to make them no longer a stranger from time to time.  And maybe every "twelfth night" I should do something out-of-the-ordinary.   Why not?  And why not let that little wooden bird remind me that my creativity should fly and sing?  Isn't it in a bird's nature, after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment