Saturday, January 8, 2011

8 January 2011: Cars


8JAN2011, originally uploaded by blueathena7.
I took this somewhere on Hwy 8 in Oklahoma. I had driven down to Anadarko by way of Hwy 8 (Hinton, Lookeba, Binger, etc) and back again. It is now the 12th of January and I still have to edit and upload the pictures I took on this drive. There should be quite a few interesting ones. I kept driving down side roads for a mile or two before turning around and coming back to the main highway. A few of those diversions gave me ideas and images, but sometimes I wanted to stop but was afraid that a homeowner might storm out on their porch, shotgun in hand, and holler out some curses and shoot at me.

Once I stopped at a cemetery because I noticed it was kinda on a hill. I could get to the top of that hill and get some wide landscape photographs. I also liked the idea of a one tree hill image. I got lucky because some cows were out to pasture and decided to go drink some water at a nearby pond, so I snapped a bunch of pics of them. If I had a bigger zoom I would've gotten close-ups of their faces. But nonetheless, I think the shots of those black cows standing on red dirt by the pond that was reflecting the big blue sky should make interesting images. Good color, at least I hope so.

I also pulled over and took some pics of hale bales, a creek, fields. At this one spot I could hear someone drumming way across the field. I couldn't see anyone, but I was seriously tempted to walk into that mowed field towards the trees where I thought I could hear the drumming, but leaving my car unattended was less than desirable. Besides, what would I have said when coming upon the drummer? Hey, I heard you.

No comments:

Post a Comment