Monday, January 24, 2011

24 January 2011: Blue


24JAN2011, originally uploaded by blueathena7.
Another lame photo, but at least I didn't drop the ball today on my Photo A Day project. The least I can do is explain why there's a pile of fabric. I make fabric collages from time to time. I need to make a bunch this weekend, but I have a bunch of other little promises and tasks to do as well. The fabric collages usually depict a scene, like three trees by a lake with mountains in the background, or five trees on a hill, or birds in flight, or a deer near a red barn, etc. I have organized my fabric (recycled from old shirts, skirts, jeans, etc) by colors so I can find swatches easily to fit the need of the scene. This is a stack of blue. :)
If interested, you can see the collages I have for sale in my Etsy store: Athena's Arthouse

Also, whenever I think of the color blue I remember that song that was popular in 1999 (in the U.S.) by Eiffel 65, "Blue". Here's a video:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, you don't know me, but I found your old myspace page just a bit ago. (Then I googled your name and found this - not a creepo, promise.) See, I was researching family tree stuff when a part about your old blog regarding "Vera Jaeger" popped up in a search. After clicking on the link, I found your entry about "Mama J." She was my grandmother - I am the Katherine listed as a survivor in the obituary. I love the way you described her - spot on. She was one of the greatest women I've ever known, and I just wanted to say that I'm glad you seemed to think highly of her as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine - I'm glad that you found that little blog entry about Vera. I was completely struck when I had heard she'd passed (and that it was an automobile accident) because she's been one of those figures in my life that cannot be changed by time and distance. All four years of high school at MCHS I had yearbook staff with her as the teacher/sponsor. I cared about her as I would've my own grandmother. :)

    I mentioned that she'd sent me a little water color picture once with a card. If you'd like, I could certainly scan it and send it to you by email. I also promised my sister I would scan some childhood pictures of her, so as I go through those and find some good pics of your grandmother, I could also send those to you, if you're interested. I'm pretty sure I have a couple pictures, though Mama J would protest my having taken her picture! LOL :)

    Just email me if you'd like me to send them. It's no problem at all...
    lauraheller76@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete