Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5 January 2011: In the Land of the Water People


5JAN2011, originally uploaded by blueathena7.

In the Land of the Water People
Richard Greeves, sculptor
Sculpture, bronze, 62 x 34 x 27 in.
1977 Prix de West Purchase Award.

I like reflections and I am constantly aware of trying to figure out how to take a picture of a reflection without being in it and making the image as sharp as possible to appear as if it is not a reflection. Is it possible? Surely, but I've yet to accomplish it. I like this photo, though. The sky was nearly a royal blue, the kind you love because it makes water appear blue and pure. The sculpture was reflecting nicely in the garden pool, so I had to snap-snap-snap until I thought I captured it. I never was satisfied with the pictures that included both sculpture and its reflection. This one, flipped, will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment