Saturday, February 12, 2011

03 February 2011: McCullers


03FEB2011, originally uploaded by blueathena7.

Last resort picture. I've been reading Carson McCullers book The Member of the Wedding. I finished it a couple days after this picture was taken. I love the cover design for this edition. I'm looking forward to watching the movie rendition of this book through video-streaming on Amazon.com.

The interesting thing about McCullers for me is that her writing leaves me in this state of mind that almost feels like a void, but it's not. I'm waist-high in contemplation that only ripples when I recognize something in the water, pick it up, and name it. I read The Heart is a Lonely Hunter last summer, and had the same feeling. It is not a state of mind I want to be in constantly, but it does me a lot of good when I am in it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment