Saturday, February 12, 2011

28 January 2011: Sunset at Lake Hefner


28JAN2011, originally uploaded by blueathena7.

Sunsets appeal to me. There's something romantic about them that I can have alone as well as part of a couple. I can walk along a lake during a sunset and think about life, writing, conversations, friends, music... anything that comes to mind and I feel rested and relaxed. No pressure. No guilt feelings of being lazy sitting on a couch tapping away on a laptop [which is what I feel this moment].

But I love finding photos like this one during my walks. I am glad Spring is slowly on its way. The winter season aches for me because of the starkness of the scene, and I resort to macro photography because the landscape just doesn't hold beauty to me. The minute details do. But lakeside provides a different glimpse, especially at sunset. I can find silhouettes of life scattered over the glittering lights of people in the distance. And the light, the light is full of color and love and energy and thought. And patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment