Wednesday, April 18, 2007

archive: 18 april 2007: sewanee and mixed cd fun

I love this campus! Mom told me that it was beautiful here. She visited Sewanee once in the '60s with a friend who was visiting a friend who was in the seminary here. But wow... the buildings make me think of England (and I have been there) and the students are nice, and the staff I have met are friendly. I like this place, at least in the same way I was initially (and still) impressed with Berea. I have not seen the town of Sewanee yet, though. I have only been on campus and to the campus coffeehouse, which is where I am at now.

Here's some photos. This afternoon it was windy and overcast, threatening to start raining at any minute. Tomorrow, I hope, will be sunnier. Also, soon, I hope to go visit the Sewanee Natural Bridge. Or maybe some tomorrow afternoon.

Whoever this guy is who is at the counter has the PERFECT mixed CD in the stereo. It is a mix of 80s and 90s music, but it is great. I love this song... "What is Love?" *sigh* Is that the song that is playing on MY So-Called Life when Ricki and Delilah are dancing, having a good time, and Angela and Brian are sitting up in the stands bored with themselves and disappointed, but for once two friends (R and D) are having a good time after all the shit they had been through. HAHA! M.C.Hammer now, "Can't Touch This." I'm tellin ya, this is cool. Ok. I am asking about it. haha. It is the other barista. ok... Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment