Thursday, January 3, 2008

archive: 3 january 2008: poetry collection completion

So three of my four critical readers have a copy of my poetry manuscript in their possession. One of the readers is in Louisana with her husband this month, so I considering emailing her the manuscript. Gotta check first.

I still need to print out copies for a few friends who have volunteered to read it, too. These I don't expect any critical suggestions, but if they have them they are welcome to voice them. That's another 4 people. Plus one copy for my mom. She's not read a single one of them yet, but she's heard me talk about it plenty.

So sometime tomorrow or this weekend I will print them out and give them to those 4 people and ship one off to Mom. Winter reading indeed, because they are mostly sad stories, but there's that tiny bit of comfort in some of them. I hope they're not as terrible as I fear they might be! I gave them to Vicky, Normandi, and Michael yesterday thinking... oh these things might be pretty bad compared to these wonderful writers.

I just emailed one of the people at the University Press of Kentucky about the collection and inquired about the steps needed to submit a manuscript to them. They do not accept unsolicited manuscripts so hopefully my description was interesting enough that she will be curious about the entire collection. We'll see, I suppose. I better email Shannon and tell him I am nearing completion and hopefully submission for publication. I hope. I hope. I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment