Wednesday, January 9, 2008

archive: 9 january 2008: oh dear

Ok... Before the Christmas break I was told that I would be giving a brief presentation during the interview. Now I am given more specifics about it and it is supposed to be 40-45 minutes long.
*deep breath*
I can do this. I CAN do this. I can DO this. I can do THIS.

AGHHHHHHHH!

At least now I have been given some idea of what they would like to me explain during this presentation (with Q&A) afterwards, so.... yeah. I should be able to do this. Just I have never given a presentation this long before.

But there's always a time for FIRST TIME.

Why do archives matter?
What opportunities might archival holdings provide to small liberal arts colleges such as Mars Hill? What challenges might they present?
What are your thoughts about the particular opportunities and challenges before Mars Hill's Ramsey Center archives? How might you approach these opportunities and challenges?
How can archival repositories best serve their local communities? How can they best serve broader communities that may be interested?
What contemporary issues in archives management are likely to have resonance for the Ramsey Center archives? How might you address these issues if you were directing these archives?
What is your own philosophy of archiving? How would you describe the commitments and priorities you bring to archival work?

No comments:

Post a Comment