Thursday, January 31, 2008

archive: 31 january 2008: all the trees of the field will clap their hands part 1

So I found something I can certainly learn on the banjo 'cause its just a methodical little bit, repeating throughout the whole song. And I can apply clawhammer style to it. I realized after studying over some other tabs that they were actually three-finger roll and I don't want to confuse myself by learning those and clawhammer at the same time. But this song I think I can learn.

After all my budgetary stuff is cleared away I might be able to start taking lessons. I know I need to before I get too frustrated with my lack of knowing what the hell I am doing with this banjo, but I have figured out some things, especially where reading tabs are concerned.

The tab I found:

Repeating
d|-------0------------0------------0-----------0---------------------------|
B|-------0h1----------0h1---------0h1---------0h1------------------------|
g|-----2-----0-----2------0-----2-----0----2------0----------------------|
D|---0----------2------------3-----------2---------------------------------|

Hear the song by selecting it from the song list:
http://www.myspace.com/sufjanstevens2012

No comments:

Post a Comment