Thursday, January 19, 2006

archive: 19 janaury 2006: job search

I was looking at some job postings that I printed at work today. These are ones I know I can't apply for because they are looking to fill these positions within the next month or sooner, not after August.
I just got through reading one I would definitely apply for if it were July already. It is an archivist position at Columbia University, in yes, NYC. Its the Center for Human Rights Documentation and Research, Rare Book and Manuscript Library. Oh how I would LOVE to work there, just by that name. HUMAN RIGHTS. Benefits included tuition exemption and assistance in university housing. Yes. That's the sort of things I love. Well, nonetheless, I am about to go to the University's website, find their human resources job postings site, and bookmark it. :)

Just wanted to shout out. This stuff is going to be hard, but this one gave me hope. Oh, the job? The work would have been very similar to what I am doing now, with a little bit more responsibility. A few things I would need to know, like creating databases, creating spreadsheets, maintaining statistics... but I can learn those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment