Tuesday, January 3, 2006

archive: 3 january 2006: health

I went to a doctor way back in college when I was sick with the flu. I had this swollen bump between my clavicle and shoulder, under the skin. Doctor said it was nothing to worry about, just that some lymph nodes swelled up and didn't go down and created something like a benign little ball. Doctor said I could have surgery to remove it, but it would be expensive and since I didn't have health insurance and there was no worries about it, I didn't have it removed. But she did say that if ever it swells up, becomes hard, doesn't move when I push on it with my finger, then I should go see a doctor about it. Well, its been a while since I have felt it, so I cannot remember if it is the same size or not. It seems to me that it has swollen just a little bit, but all those other things aren't taking place. I think sometime this week I will make an appointment to have it looked at and told what my options are on removal.

Plus, I need to call to get a yearly exam anyway. Might as well get the whole body checked out. geeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment