Tuesday, February 5, 2008

archive: 5 february 2008: child of europe

Feeling creative, hands on.
Visions bouncing 'round,
Need to stick fingers into
glue, paint, beads and ribbons,
trimmed images, mirror shards,
scattered about on a surface
to become a visceral compliment.

Today's inspiration for a future art project:
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/837.html

I was reading this earlier today and imagined 8 small collages, art project. I could see how each one would depict some aspect of each part of the poem. Why is it I think of collages only in series?

Damn impressive images in that poem... A returned friend has reminded me the importance of reading poetry again, and here I am reading Milosz wanting to make artwork instead of poetry. :) He'll be amused at this, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment