Wednesday, February 6, 2008

archive: 6 february 2008: saving bits of past me

I ought to go through this blog and print out the worthwhile blog entries and glue them into a journal. Otherwise, they might be lost. I wrote that poem last night not first on paper but in a Word doc. file on my computer. Why? Because I left my journal downstairs, I was comfortable in my bed, and the laptop was upstairs. I unplugged it, sat in my bed looking out the open windows, listened to the rain and typed up the poem. I had been laying down trying to sleep but the words were coming to me and I finally agreed with myself that if I finally did fall asleep I would lose the images, tone, phrases of lines coming to me. I think it took me nearly an hour to write it. I deleted a few things as I typed it. A line would come to me and then it just wouldn't fit; it was leading me in a direction I didn't want the poem to go.

Maybe I should stop going places for a while and work on typing these journal, printing the poems I have only written in myspace or facebook and tape them down into a journal, etc, etc. I need to work on me.

I also have some art project ideas. There's one I need to do first, a small collage I would then scan and try using as an image for the mudpi pages. I have a vague idea of what it should look like, but won't be sure of it until I start working on it. I think I can scan it at work, but that might be strictly black and white. Someone has a scanner somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment