Wednesday, February 6, 2008

archive: 6 february 2008: wind and rain -poem

So last night I met with a friend and he gave me a collection of his poems to read over so that I can provide any comment or suggestion. They're wonderful, and I've read through them once, a few poems twice. I'll have to distance myself to be unbiased when I make notes on them. But after reading them I had a bit of that "voice," the tone of his poetry, in my head still. So reading his poetry, laying down to sleep, leaving bedroom windows open during a storm and finding myself restless and not ready for sleep brings about a little piece. (caught the pun?) Maybe now I can sleep. I may extend it more later. Don't know why I thought about one particular past relationship... maybe it is I remember the wind on the lake. Maybe it is because the persons are similar.

(poem will not appear here; original entry deleted)

No comments:

Post a Comment