Thursday, January 17, 2002

archive: 17 january 2002: grants and homework

I don't know what I want. I can't believe that I am in a MLIS class. Do I really want to be a librarian? I wouldn't mind being something of a Oral Historian... Oral History Librarian, if there ever is such a thing. Hmph.. how about I create my own job! Hey Government dudes! I have this great idea for a government job, as a Oral History Librarian... and well, I fit that position! Make this position available and available only to me! Bruwhahahhahaha!

Well... I have to remind myself to work some on the madison county churches project. Tonight I am going to scan some articles and see how the images hold up when they are put on the internet. If it works out, then this page could very quickly grow by temporarily having all those articles up in graphic form. Later, I will have some kind of software on here that will convert those graphics articles into text. I have written and highlightened some of my copies, so I wouldn't want that on the webpage, but if anything, I will scan those too if just to hold a place until I scan a cleaner copy. There is much to do, much to do... And I want to take pictures... I don't exactly want to visit these churches on Sunday, attend the services and everything, and take pictures there. But I might end up doing that for a lot of them. I would hope that a lot of the time I could meet the pastor or preacher or priest there and interview them in the church. Take portrait or two of them, and very likely also interview a member of the congregation, someone elderly most likely, who knows the church and all its wonderful stories and miracles and such. I am not a religious person, but I do value this project and would handle it with the upmost respect for those interviews and the information provided. Its something I would love working on all day, like a regular working day... just give me an office for it, file cabinets and plenty of funding, and I will be on my merry way. I wish I could do it without having a "full-time" daytime job. ugh... oh well... I must, must remember to get my aunt to help me write a grant. Maybe sometime soon I will make an appointment to visit her at work or at home and we'll talk over it. :)

well, I better get back to working on that summary and self-assessment for this book. ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment