Tuesday, January 22, 2002

archives: 22 january 2002: hooters and poetry

the weekend was great, but busy... and there seemed to be a lot of time spent in the car... MBH noticed this, and at first I was defensive about it, but, yes... we did spend a lot of time driving and riding everywhere. *sigh*

But he got his Christmas present from his dad, this super good-looking long wool coat, lined and spectacular. He looks classy. A friend of mine said he likes anything "Old English fart-like" lol... ok... but then again, so do I, I guess. Doesn't matter to me, he looks good in it. :)

Saturday was probably our busiest day, but I don't remember everything that happened. I remember spending time together at his mom's house, then going out to dinner with his dad and all... and getting the coat afterwards. Sunday was busy too with a couple of friends, going to Barnes and Noble and then Waffle House.

I recalled standing in line somewhere and someone mentioning that there was now a Hooters in Jackson. I thought that was slightly interesting, and maybe MBH and I would go eat there sometime. I mentioned that idea to him and he laughed and agreed... and then made a comment that I should have just laughed about, but instead I felt insecure about it. He said something about having eaten there before (I knew this, cause he went with J.C. in Birmingham) and noticing the tight shorts... and so I was like, oh... so you were looking at their butts, huh? Laughing and then, haha, "yeah, and other things were nice too" (something along those lines) and this left me feeling self-conscious. I don't like knowing that the person I love is looking and noticing other girls and how big their boobs are to mine, and how small or big their butts are to mine... I don't compare to those "good-figured girls."

But I also have to remind myself that he appreciates more about me that what is physical. BUT... I still don't feel good about him looking at other girls like that. What's a girl supposed to think and feel about that? The first thing that comes into a girl's head is "My boobs aren't big enough," or "I'm not pretty enough" That's just the shortened version of it... the full thought is: "I'm not pretty enough for him to not look at any other girl like that."

And yet, I remind myself that things are not that way between us. I think it simply helps to hear physical compliments sometimes too. And he does that, sometimes, on occassion. Anyway, other than those few thoughts, everything is okay.

I am thinking of a poem though... One that kinda came to me during work today, cause I was noticing age difference and importance between myself and the students that I am around, high school kids. It'll be a nice poem (I hope) if I figure out how to work it.

okay, long enough entry.... later!

No comments:

Post a Comment