Friday, June 15, 2007

archive: 15 june 2007: pride, research, trips and jobs

I woke up from a crazy dream of which I don't remember any details, but I know it was weird. I had pizza for dinner late last night, around midnight, and then went to sleep shortly afterwards. I know Beatles music was involved.

Then, after I woke up, drank some water after I realized I was dehydrated from sleeping in a hot bedroom (windows were open, a small fan going, but apparently not cool enough), I laid back on the bed and said hello to my cats Giza and Kashmir. Kashmir's a cuddly cat and loves attention. And in my early morning strangeness I said, in a tweety-bird voice, "what a pweety pussy." And I immediately burst into much laughter and giggles after I realized how funny that sounded. And coming from me...

Tonight: Going to Louisville (as long as my car cooperates) for my first Pride Parade. Coming back late, I'm sure. Saturday morning I will go to the Lexington Public Library and work on some research for my poetry series. I need to research the lives of African-Americans in Lexington during the 1800s and early 1900s, which means looking in the "Colored Notes" of the newspapers. This will be interesting. After a while I will head back to Louisville for the Chris Pureka concert, possibly also the Robbie Bartlett one, and then come back home to Berea. I *might* decide to try to find someplace to stay between Lex and Louisville tonight, rather than drive all the way back. But I may not. Pricey.

So, I don't know what's happening, but I better start getting my act together and not just wait and see what others might or might not be doing on my behalf. In any case, if things turn out to keep me here longer and I get offers elsewhere, it'll be a boost to my confidence and self-esteem that other employment opportunities were available to me. I thought I had another benefit point, but my memory got shot when I just got interrupted. (I guess I need to be taking something to help maintain better short term memory.) Anyway, so I will probably work on a lot of job stuff on Sunday.

Enough about me. I'm more interested in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment