Friday, June 29, 2007

archive: 29 june 2007: moon madness

I am feeling restless. Been feeling restless since I left work at 5:30 pm. I put up my collages at the college library this evening. Tomorrow morning I need to print some things out at work to pin up next to the collages... mainly about pricing. No one will be able to buy these things anyway, but I think I should put something up next to them. Sometime over the weekend I need to print myself some "cards" and set them on the table that is in that area, if Barbara leaves it there. Maybe. I don't have anything that is like "Meet the artist." That's something usually last on my list of things to do. I do and I don't think of myself.

Tonight has been interesting. Restless. I ran into my friend Michael again tonight. Poor soul that hates summertime. I prefer Early Spring and all Autumn. I like part of Winter. Some parts of Summer I love, but the muggy feeling today and those gnats flying about after the rain... I can do without those things creeping about on me. Got to talking about poetry readings, poets who suicided, fiddle music, his past romance and how we've got to find him a girl (this is my idea), and about his upcoming study-abroad in England with a Paris/France/Brittany in-between detour.

I sure would like to take off and go to Europe for a while. I don't know if ever I will have that chance again. To go alone or with one other person... that would be fantastic. I do even like the solitary idea. I am beginning to be comfortable with "just me." It has its hard moments, but overall, it is ok. But I wouldn't turn down the chance at a relationship with someone I am attracted to and vice versa, if it ever presented itself.

I think the moon is nearly full. (confirmation: full moon by Noon Saturday)

It dawned on me minutes ago that every summer I get like this. I get this super late-night hyper-active hyper-imaginative sensitivity, restlessness, empathy (nature, world, people, friends, etc), intensity. The first Summer I was in Berea I ran on the sidewalks on campus sometime between 11pm and 2am. I ran with music in my ears, little mp3 player glow in my pocket. Last summer... I worked all last summer because I was trying to meet the deadline for the project. But late at night... I was up all hours even if I wasn't running on campus. This summer... I guess this summer is spending time under the umbrellas of BC&T's back patio with my laptop (its 12:30am). Ahh... It needs to be more meaningful than that. There's more opportunity seeped in this Summer '07. So what's going to happen?

*looks to the moon* Whatcha got for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment