Tuesday, June 19, 2007

archive: 19 june 2007: who I am

An exercise to show the multiple definitions of "who" or "what" I am, as I think of it now, the two are sometimes interchangeable.... maybe?

Poet
Photographer
Feminist
Animal-lover
Friend
Information-hungry
Nature-lover
Singer-wannabe (do not have a singing voice)
Musician-wannabe (want to learn guitar/banjo/dulcimer/drums.....)
Singer/songwriter appreciator/admirer
Artist? (Crafty/Creative/Artsy)
Spontaneous humorist (in oddball company)
Listener
Occasional hermit crab/occasional social butterfly
Reader of poetry, fiction, biography
Not-quite-a-vegetarian
Archivist
Oral history enthusiast
Organizer (of other people's stuff; not usually my own)
Daughter
Aunt
Sister
Niece
Sister-in-law
Cousin
Teacher (of sorts)
Wine enthusiast
Cheese lover (I am a big ol' rat when it comes to cheese)

/// I am writing them down here as they come to me, so... I guess, the order in which they come to me may be the level of importance to me? Maybe. Or maybe my short-term memory spasmatic blasting of nerves actually connecting on random ideas spontaneously. More to come later in this entry. ///

...... Maybe I need to create a list of adjectives that I feel describe me, all the ones positive and negative. I wonder how much of them actually hold up to what others' think/perceive of me. And which is more true. How I feel about myself is more or less true than how others perceive me? If how others perceive me is more positive than how I perceive myself, then I should take action to figure out why I feel the negative things I do, and... work on dispelling/disproving them to myself (because if I believe them about myself, then my Self believes they are true/proof), I guess. Not sure. Personal psychology. ......

No comments:

Post a Comment