Thursday, June 7, 2007

archive: 7 june 2007: yay I am back

Ok. I shouldn't be THAT excited to log into MySpace. But for about a week and a half I had been locked out of Myspace somehow. Myspace tech service FINALLY helped me and got it fixed. YAY. I am hoping that the computer and internet will continue to not screw up.

I am in Elkins, West Virginia, right now. I am leaving this Noon to Pikeville, KY. But first I am going to stop by the Augusta Heritage Center, meet with Gerry Milnes again (fiddler of Gandydancer), and possibly buy a couple old-time music CDs. Probably Melvin Wine will be one. If he can reccomend a great female fiddler (other than Erynn Marshall, who I have all her 2 CDs), I will probably lean heavily to get one of those CDs also. I'll see. Wish I could come back up here all this summer for the workshops and seminars in the various music genres they are doing: bluegrass, old-time, blues, jazz, swing, country, etc... There's even a course that teaches someone how to play banjo "from scratch." Perfect for me, hehe.

I do want to buy an instrument one day and just be able to fiddle-dee with it sometimes to see if I can make something up (and then remember it!). I have done the first, but cannot remember it to play it again afterwards. heh

Anyway... later people. Gotta finish getting ready for the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment