Monday, October 1, 2007

archive: 1 october 2007: seasonal motivations

My motivation lately has been slim.

I don't feel compelled to really put much of myself into this class I am taking. I want to drop it, but it is really just too late.

I want to be taking lessons and learning to play my banjo. I need to set aside time to work on it and practice. I have an instructional DVD borrowed from a friend which has been helpful, but I know I am going to have to take in-person lessons.

I really want to be working on my bottle collages. I have talked a lot about them, but I haven't started work on them. I have the research done for two of the ideas (Pleiades and the Nine Muses) and I need to collect some items and images to put into the project. I really need to work on the design. And I want to begin research on the third idea, strong women in world religions, but I know that will be time consuming and intensive.

It might be true that I have been spending too much time sitting around just talking and chatting, loitering about socializing, but... there are times when I need that particular kind of connection. Winter is coming soon - I am more reclusive in winter, and unfortunately, feel loneliness moreso than I do in Summer.. But autumn comes first and I will want to be outside, a lot. I will want to see the sunrise and sunset, the amber and topaz leaves, the stormy contrast of sky and pine trees, etc. I love autumn.

I might need to start reeling myself in. Get stuff done. Friendships are growing. Love in general is felt. But as I said, Winter isn't the friendliest season for me. It hurts. Maybe something good will come with the cold, other than my warm coats and sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment