Thursday, October 25, 2007

archive: 25 october 2007: understanding

Maybe one of the things that motivates me to want to help someone else come out of their own hole, their own sunken ship, is that I have been in the same position. How can one help another in this way? One is that both come out with the strengths and encouragement of the other, but as long as neither berates oneself for long about faults and flaws. The only problem is that scenerio is all too optimistic and very often unrealistic. As much as I would like to help someone see that they can do so much more and be happier with oneself... As much as I would like to say over and over again, "you're intelligent; you're attractive; if you'd just get up and go get what you want, you'll be happier."

I know the same applies to me. It doesn't take others telling me that I need to bring myself out of this rut. No, it takes me noticing that someone else I care about is very much in a similar spot, and although I am sympathetic and wish him the best, I cannot do much more than that. He will have to do it himself. And the same goes for me.

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment