Thursday, October 11, 2007

archive: 11 october 2007: familiar faces and banjo learning

It keeps dawning on me I look an awful lot like my Dad when I smile really big... Its more noticeable then how my eyes are also like his (though green when his were light blue) and the nose - bridge bump and all - is his also. If I grew a beard and mustache I would look practically just like him. haha

When my dad was a young man I think he was good looking, but at 63 years old he was old, tired, ragged. That is how I remember him most. I also remember those nights of arguing with Mom after he'd gone out drinking till he was belligerent. Those are not favorable memories. But that look, that appearance is how I see myself in the mirror.

----
Side note:
I bookmarked maybe 30 websites tonight dealing with clawhammer and old-time banjo music. I saved a bunch of tab sheets and music files for easy banjo tunes. Going to listen to them when I get home and might try learning a few this weekend....
OR
I might figure out how and what I am going to make for my mom and sister for Christmas. Possibly also think about something for a few friends, too. I keep thinking large scale but I know I need to stay small scale. I can't afford to overdo it. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment