Tuesday, July 17, 2007

archive: 17 july 2007: wednesday, poetry, 101 things to do

I believe I am going with my friend Michael and someone who works for the college, Mr. Blake, to Sewanee on Wednesday to hear Mark Strand read at the Sewanee Writers Conference. I am looking forward to this... I have not been to a poetry reading in ages, it seems. This works out well for me because we're just driving down there and back the same day, not staying anywhere, and I don't have to drive. I think he's going to get reimbursed for the gas money by the college probably, so... I am just waiting to hear back from Michael if Mr. Blake says it is okay I ride with them.

And last week Deborah told me about a beginner's banjo set at Currier's in Richmond that she thinks is suitable. And that sometimes they rent out instruments but usually to those who are taking lessons from one of the teachers there. Hmmm. I kinda just want to rent one for a little while to see if I like the feel of the instrument, etc. I know I am particular about some things, and I know myself well enough that if I feel akward holding an instrument because I feel it is big or some other thing, then I will feel discouraged against playing it. So why spend $300-400 or more on an instrument that I might feel too shy to even learn to play? haha... Whenever someone lets me fidget with their guitar I like it, but it also feels so big to me. I'm not a small figured person, I know, but I can be weird about these things. hehe...
If think I might remember right that when Erynn showed me a few chords on the guitar it was on her Martin, a lap guitar. It was small, I know, and not wide, and that was relatively comfortable for me.
But I heard this song "Sugar Baby" by Cordelia's Dad and thought... I want to know the banjo.

This reminds me... I need to go find my list of 101 Things to do in 1001 Days. My "deadline" is March 9 2008. ahh... And I know I never finished even coming up with 101 things! I might think about some things I HAVE done (but weren't on the list) and add them and mark them off on the list. Maybe. :) I also posted the list here in MySpace, but it takes forever to find something here. There's no way to look at a calendar and find a specific entry here in MySpace if you don't remember the exact date. Boo-hoo.
http://blueathena.livejournal.com/909717.html

No comments:

Post a Comment