Saturday, September 17, 2005

archive: 17 september 2005: louisville

I had so much fun last night at Phoenix Hill. I did manage to take a few pics, but I am totally not as happy with them as I have been with past Ferrick shows. I think its because there was not as much lighting from the front as there was from the back. I don't like to use my flash too much at music concerts because I am afraid of being paparazzi-like. I could take a picture every 5 seconds if no one was with me or I had no conscience. heh.

So, just for fun, here's some news: I created a fan site earlier this summer and I want it to be about as comprehensive as possible. I have found nearly every article on Melissa and copied and pasted it onto the website, with source info and links to the original article. I copy and paste in case the news site or magazine site ever deletes that article's page or moves info around. I am going to host most photos on my website, with name of photographer and a link to their own website or anything they want me to link to. I am going to include links to my photo albums of Ferrick photos and to Denise's photos, because those are sooo many. I will probably work on this a lot tomorrow.

So after the Melissa Ferrick show at Phoenix Hill, Jo and I went to Connections and had a drink, watched most of two drag shows, and danced a lot. There weren't a lot of people there, but there was still much fun to be had. I got her back to her apartment about 3:20-ish I think, and then I got home close to 4. Yes, in the A.M. hehehe... I couldn't go to sleep for about 20 minutes I was still so wired. But then I laid down and it was a matter of seconds before I drifted off to dreamland.

So... the links!

Here's the photos I have taken so far of Melissa Ferrick shows:
Columbus, OH, 6-24-05:
http://public.fotki.com/blueathena/ohio/columbus_rockin_in/melissa_ferrick/

Dayton, OH, 8-05-05:
http://public.fotki.com/blueathena/ohio/dayton/canal_street_tavern/

Louisville, KY, 9-16-05:
http://public.fotki.com/blueathena/kentucky/louisville/ferrick_at_phoenix_hill/

I didn't take pics the first time I saw her in Lexington, KY, 6-22-05, because I wasn't sure if cameras were allowed or not. :)

Hm... not sure if I am going to go to Spoonbread Festival or not. I am still a little tired (maybe a nap?) but I am also feeling compelled to work on the fansite right now. I am hungry too, so first I will fix myself something to eat no matter what I choose to do. I can't remember if there is a fee to get into the festival or not. Maybe I will just go sometime tomorrow. But Sunday festivals aren't quite as.... good. hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment