Tuesday, September 11, 2007

archive: 11 september 2007: movies and IQ scores

Finally watched Hannibal: Rising last night with Phoebe at Adam's place until the wee hours of the morning. I think that late night cappuccino gave me some weird dreams but I don't remember any of them. The movie was graphic but very sad. The actor who plays the young Hannibal seemed familiar but after looking at imdb.com I am mistaken. I see a lot of foreign films but I haven't seen any of the ones he was in. Anyway....

Got back late, went to sleep, endured strange but forgettable dreams, woke, didn't want to wake up and reset alarm clock, finally get up, do a few things to prepare the guest room, got cleaned up, went to get coffee, and here I am at work burning some CDs for the library directors and archivists I visited back in April - June. The CDs were finally ordered and they have arrived. Yay!

Yesterday my banjo strap arrived! My bumper stickers "I *heart* Mountains" also came in. I already put one on my laptop. I also found a few stickers I had, one for Rasputina, one for Threadless.com, and a couple of those "happy bunny" ones which say "whatever you moron." I haven't decided if I am going to put that one on the laptop or not. Probably, for kicks.

anyway, I have class tonight so I have to drive to Lexington. Leaving around 3pm today. Then Lieselotte will be in town from West Virginia. She's staying at my place for the Brushy Fork Institute this week. Hopefully I can show her around a bit, and hopefully it won't rain on Thursday's bluegrass jam down at the welcome center.

Gah. I feel stupid. We were talking about IQs last night and I couldn't remember what mine was - I know I have a piece of paper with it on it from when I first took the test, but I think when I saw it a few years ago I thought to myself that it was wrong; not accurate. I just feel smarter than what that number suggests. ugh, Oh well. A friend of mine said his was 162. I don't remember what another friend said about her own. I took a test just now online at iqtest.com and it says I scored 114. I don't know how long it took me to take it though, because I didn't see a timer on the screen. I should have set my cell phone alarm clock to 13 minutes. Anyway. BAH HUMBUG!

No comments:

Post a Comment