Friday, September 7, 2007

archive: 7 september 2007: missing people

I am feeling a little... unsure, restless, uncertain.... A little antsy and worried. Nothing really to be worried about. I'm just feeling in-between things, confused. Its these moments when I'd really like to be held.

I kinda want to go for a walk but it is too hot for that. Maybe in the early morning hours.

I miss people right now... Particular ones....
Alison - because we'd talk about anything from Mississippi writers to New Yorker articles, some documentary to Mediterranean food. It was great working with her those few short months before I left MS for KY. I haven't heard from her since she moved to TX.
Michael - he just left for Europe and England on the 3rd, but he went to western Kentucky two weeks earlier. I miss our conversations about poets and poetry in general, the tiny tidbits he'd share about his life and past, and how very similar we are. He says he'll write from England. That'll be nice, and he'll still be a reader of my poetry collection once I get it ready for readers to critique.
Jessie - 'cause there's no replacing my morning cappuccinos and she's just great like that. She endured some of my randomness chatter. Seattle better be treating her swell. I haven't heard from her in a while.
Kierca - How we chatted at the coffee shop all the time about this and that. She's moved to NC and I don't hear or see her often.
Alicia - 'cause she's the princess of bright colors and smiles.
Erynn - Although I can email her any time and she'll respond with some chatter right back, I miss the fun we had traveling to music festivals in eastern KY and WV. Driving her around, getting lost, regaining patience in moments of uncertainty... Normally I'd get really worrisome and somewhat panicked, but she pretty much taught me that everything will generally work out. And it was because of her and those travels that I truly was exposed and grew to love old time fiddle and banjo music, plus wanting to learn to play the banjo.
Carole - 'Cause she was a spontaneous unpredictable friend who was around for some ups-and-downs, those times when I needed to just chill, listen to Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen, watch a movie, go shopping, go driving around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment