Monday, September 17, 2007

archive: 17 september 2007: annoyance

I am annoyed. Easily annoyed right now. I have this impulse to just want to bitch and complain. I set up an appointment at the Berea Health Services assuming that a visit there by an ACA staff member would be covered by my insurance, etc, because of the close ties of ACA and Berea College. I was wrong.

I am annoyed because several things in the past couple of days have made me feel dumb. Guess I am just feeling extra sensitive to any blows against my intellect. The IQ thing sent me spinning. The drive-thru the other day got under my skin. The swamps in Mississippi thing put me on edge. And then this appointment which doesn't count (which also was wasted time I could have been at work) didn't provide anything because ACA staff can't go there for check-ups, etc. That felt like the last straw.

And apparently my insurance plan will only cover this exam once a year. According to the doctor it is considered a yearly exam, but... what if a woman intuitively feels like it needs to be checked again a few months after her last one? This doesn't sound right nor does it promote being health conscious.

*grumble grumble*

No comments:

Post a Comment