Friday, September 14, 2007

archive: 14 september 2007: learning and doing

I am going to play around with that there banjo all day Saturday. I think. I have this feeling something with KFTC is supposed to be happening..... I might should be going to the steering committee meeting this weekend. I gotta check that notebook I left at home today.

I will be leaving work early today with Lieselotte to introduce her to folks at Spec. Coll. & Archives on campus and get her in their hands for some music listening. Then I will break away for a while to visit Calvin and borrow that DVD from him, and then photocopy some articles from the periodicals and books I know Berea's got.

Going to the Mitch Barrett concert tonight surely, but I might get distracted for a bit if Lieselotte decides to get on the road early and I am left to my devices with my banjo to play around with. Some of the men last night at the bluegrass jam was giving me bits of advice: "the more you have it in your hands, the sooner you'll learn to play it." Jim was telling me that I just need to learn three chords and I can play any song on it. haha! I think he's not talking clawhammer. ;) I told him that joke Lieselotte told me: "anyone who can count to two can play the banjo." :) So I might try picking at it some for a while tonight, especially if Calvin remembered to bring that DVD.

Ok, I have CDs to burn for work, and then I am going to try to mail these today. I want the librarians to have these ASAP.
peace

by the way... My horoscope from freewillastrology.com. Funny how I used to play Dungeons & Dragons and I totally understood this. One of my friends I think was chaotic/good more than anything else. I don't remember what I chose most often. Anyway, this is generally an idea I have been feeling lately...
Virgo Horoscope for week of September 13, 2007

Writing in Salon.com, Scott Rosenberg recalled how in his youth he loved to play the fantasy role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons. "You'd have to choose not one but two 'alignments' for your character," he mused. "Good and evil, of course, but also 'law' and 'chaos.' And among the people I ran with, 'chaotic/good' was the thing to be, because it let you trust other people and still have fun." Your assignment in the coming week, Virgo, is to adopt the "chaotic/good" approach for the character you will be playing in your actual life.

No comments:

Post a Comment