Wednesday, September 12, 2007

archive: 12 september 2007: events of a tuesday

What a night! So I felt ill and went home to nap after emailing the professor and letting her know I was missing class. Apparently Joel dropped the class since she's not heard from him at all, so from now on I will be the only one from the UK site. Awkward, but I guess I can get used to it. After the nap I woke feeling a little better and started getting things straightened up at home: litter boxes cleaned and freshened, vacuumed, the guest bed made, and I put up artwork on the walls in that room which I had put off putting up. The paper chains that Phoebe once had and didn't think she had enough room for in her dorm room (someone gave them to her), I strung those up across the ceiling in the guest room, outside that room's door, and one strand going down one wall of the stairs. It looks pretty neat and fun. The room will look great when the chakra collages are back in it. I have one chakra banner hanging in front of the window and that looks pretty neat.

Anyway, so after I got all that done, I found I was bored. I didn't want to read. I played around with the banjo, but I don't know how to tune it just yet to any of the keys so I kinda feel hopeless about it until I have something that'll help me train me ear: the tuner my sister ordered. But I have downloaded some graphics which show chords and I can practice figuring out where my fingers go. I have to say I get frustrated with my fourth finger when I am trying to lay it down on a string and the joint flattens out. I am going to have to figure out how/what to do with that. Maybe that happens to everyone?

So I was bored and I went to the back patio of BC&T with my laptop to meet up with Phoebe, chat, her doing homework, I checking email and thinking about stuff. Then I got some Papaleno's (veg sub) and went home. Waited for Lieselotte to arrive. Took a nap on the couch. She finally arrived around 2 a.m. because she got a late start from WV, was tired and took a brief nap herself, and got lost a little bit in Berea before finding Morning View Rd. Got her settled into her room for the night/morning, and I proceeded to crash into a strange dreamland. I have been waking lately knowing I have had strange dreams and yet not knowing what they were about. Unsettling feeling.

So this morning I dropped her off at the building where they all are to have breakfast and register, then I went home and napped one more hour before getting up and going to work myself. I think I will need to stop having as much coffee and start going to sleep earlier so that I can wake earlier. I keep saying this, but... I'm a nightowl! Its inevitable that I am going to stay up late, especially with other nightowls. :)

So I don't know what to plan for her tonight as I never was able to get in touch with Deborah or Al to see if anyone was up for just jamming for a bit. But she'll have that opportunity on Thursday night at the bluegrass jam too. As far as I can tell she didn't bring her own banjo, just her fiddle.

Its so funny how this all worked out. It was very late that night I went to Clifftop, and very dark because the campsite area is not lit up with lamps. I was listening to this one group playing a banjo, bass, fiddle, mandolin, guitar... and I turned to continue down to "Camp Canada" when in the light I recognized two braids and the outline of a face which looked a little like Lieselotte. It might have been the glasses and the braids, the right height, and possibly posture which I recognized and said, "Lieselotte? Is that you?" haha... It was funny then when we both realized who the other was, and she mentioned the Brushy Fork Institute and needing a place to stay, so I offered my guest room. Just crazy luck, eh? I don't see any problem helping someone out, and I know how expensive hotel rooms are - If I can help a friend, I will.

OK. I just realized I hadn't opened my office window yet. It is after Noon, I am sure IS&S is not going to call and tell me my email's password during lunch, so I am off to BC&T for a bit. Staff meeting at 1 p.m. anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment