Sunday, July 10, 2005

archive: 10 july 2005: running

omg, I think I am going to die. Ran a LOT tonight. About twice as much as I have the last few times I have run around the BC Quad. I played Jem on my mp3 player. I am sore. I must drink water. Take a shower. Then maybe read, or watch a little TV and then go to bed. Oh, I HURT.
I won't be sore much Monday but Tuesday and Wednesday will be hell. Guess this means I HAVE to run Monday night. heh. I should run every night. Maybe every night right around 10-10:30. That should be good.
Except... There were 5 people walking around on the campus tonight. I passed this guy on my first run. He startled me at first. I made a noise, startled noise. There was a couple walking on the other side of the Quad. I almost passed another guy, but changed direction when I saw a cross-path. And there was a girl standing outside her dorm for a little while, probably smoking.
A few times I felt like my stomach was going to come up through my throat. My lungs felt like collapsing. I stopped, walked a little bit, stretched a lot, turned on a new song, and began running again with the beat to my set destination across the campus. I probably ran a total of a half mile, if that much, but maybe it was a little more.
I have no endurance for running. I have tons of endurance for things behind closed doors. But oh well. None of that going on! heh. I need to get my run on anyway. Much exercise more. Better for the heart.
Family Genetics: obsessive-compulsive, heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity.
I have mild OC; I am aware and in control of it instead of the other way around. I am young, so I don't have heart disease, but I must do something like exercise and good diet to prevent it. I have blood pressure on the low end of normal, so that is good. I am not obsese like some family members have been, but I also need to be aware and eat healthy. Eat only when I need to, not just for the munchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment