Sunday, July 10, 2005

archive: 10 july 2005: saturday night escapades

Just got back home. I had a good time. I, unfortunately, did not actually get cards printed, but I did do it home-style. I bought blank business cards, a set of stamps and ink pad, and a good pen. I wrote on each business card my name, website link, email, and phone number. I added five stamps to each card in a different color. They were pretty, and hand-made. If people look down their noses at my home-made business cards, then I do not want them buying my photos. :P

I finally left Barnes and Noble and went to Mia's. I had to park all the way on Martin Luther King intersection of High Street. Long walk, but goo for the soul and body. I went to Mia's, and was so bold (for once in my life) to ask if I could sit with these two couples. Judy and Charlotte, and Christy and Cheryl. One was in their late 40s, and the other in their late 30s, and I am sitting there, 28, almost 29. heh. But it was nice talking with them for a while. They were low key, and not clique-ish. Friendly. I tend to identify with people a little older than me anyway. After a while, two friends of Christy's came, Elaine and Jim. After the two couples left, I ended up talking with Jim and Elaine for a while. Really nice. Jim bought me my fourth Woodchucks, which I didn't drink all it either. Normally I only drink two, but I ended up drinking three and a half and smoking two cigs. Only smoke when I drink with other people who smoke. I guess thats ok. Otherwise, I don't feel the crave/urge. That's good.
I also ran into LeTonia. And Mandy and Emily were there too at one point. Even though they are closer to my age than the two couples I had met earlier, I am alienated from them for some reason. LeTonia is friendly enough, says hey and all that, but she doesn't make any waves to be any more friendly than that, even though she has my phone number and I specifically said that if there's ever anything going on in town, party or whatever, give me a call, cause I am looking for new friends and all that. She knows my story. But oh well. I am just a white chick from Mississippi. I don't belong in that clique.

I dunno. It kinda annoys me, but its out of my hands. It is something I cannot control and cannot change or influence. I refuse to beg for friendship... I mean, there's only so much I am willing to do to try to gain friends before I think I am humilating myself instead. And asking a complete stranger if the seat at her table of friends is taken and if I can join them is a pretty big step for me. I can't always bring myself to step out of my shell that much nor that often. I love people, but I often find disappointment in exclusionary actions.

Ok. Time for bed. Rambling shit going on and if I keep rambling I will get depressed. So sleep is better. I wonder what screwed up dream I will have now. Oh, while I was at B&N, I kept imagining Becky coming out of nowhere, like in my dream. It was weird. But five more photos, with labels, prices, and businesses cards at Barnes and Noble in Lexington, KY, now. Go see..

No comments:

Post a Comment