Thursday, July 28, 2005

archive: 28 july 2005: a little writing

This is something I wrote during my lunch hour Wednesday... I almost always am thinking of some kind of scenerio like this.... Random spontaneity... this is what crushes put me through. damn. And note, this has not happened and very likely to never happen. I am romantic, and this sort of scenerio plays around in my head sometimes... These things rarely happen though. So, yeah, this has not happened. Just writing stuff out here and getting it out. Its fiction. :)
-------------------

Running at night I feel the air brush against my skin. Summer heat from the day has cooled, but the air is heavy with humidity. Skin prickles with sweat. When I run on campus I use the sidewalks from one end of the Quad to the other side. Dashing across the green when the chorus on my mp3 player starts again. The beat upbeat, excited, hyper, energetic, to inspire me to keep my feet pounding fast on the sidewalk. I pause for breath under the lights. They look like dinosaur dandelions when the forcast predicts rain early next morning. Sometimes it feels like running through a shallow pool; the weight of the air pushes against you, conforming to your body, coating every inch in sweat and condensation, and yet your feet force through the water barrier, and you find yourself on the other side, looking at yourself coming towards you: a ghost in moonlight.

After twenty minutes of starlit sweat, I begin my walk back home. I turn to pass by one of the oldest buildings on campus, buffered by hedges and bushes. My head down, breathing deep and slow, hearing my heartbeat beginning to slacken to normal speed, I do not see a movement to my right; I do not hear my name whispered.

But I do feel a hand lightly touch my arm, I look up, and find surprise in my throat before a kiss finds itself on my lips. My mouth is frozen; I want to kiss back. I know this person; a silently-kept crush I denied myself. And here, she was waiting for me, ready to make the first move, to kiss me, and to wordlessly tell me that it is okay.

The soft touch becomes more sure on my arm as I turned towards her, my hands to her shoulders, bringing her a little closer. My mp3 player still on my ears playing "My Shirt Looks Good On You." Its happy lyrics filter into a smile on both our lips as she hears the lyrics from being so close to me. The upbeat and carefree chorus, "love and happiness," repeating like a mantra.

------------------

ok... yeah. hrm... I know some stuff sounds cliche and corny. hah

No comments:

Post a Comment