Sunday, July 3, 2005

archive: 3 july 2005: running bad girl

I very rarely actually run. I am having a difficult time getting any kind of exercise routine set up, be it yoga or biking or hiking. I hike nearly every other weekend, but its been about three weeks since the last time. I will go this Monday to Red River Gorge and hike around there. I have Yoga DVDs but I can't seem to even do that once a week, much less every day. I cannot get my ass out of bed that early in the morning, and doing it in the evening gets my sleep schedule crazy 'cause I get wound up with energy.

So what do I do after drinking two glasses of wine tonight? I throw on my running shoes and pants and run for about 30 minutes on the campus sidewalks at midnight. My blood feels like its on fire. I mean, it feels like fire is burning my veins.

I feel slightly drunker (of course, alcohol in my blood with adrenaline, sure thing I am drunker now) but I feel so much more... creative, though no grasp on what the fuck to do with it. That's not exactly good. Tomorrow I sew quilt squares. Or maybe I will paint. I need a non-tedious creative outlet right now. Sewing squares is insanely tedious.

I lack words. Its night, so pictures are shit when it comes to my skill. I photograph best in natural sunlight. Streetlights and carlights tend to not do well with my skill. And already I feel the blood slowing down.

I love love love Melissa Ferrick's "Bad Bad Girl." Its the guitar, how it has a deep sultry groove. It is seductive. It is meant to be seductive. And her voice, as she sings,

"You have given me
Fuel and I'm gunna burn
This bridge we built
I don't need it anymore
Cause I'm a wicked good swimmer
Watch me dive"

yeah... wow. Its makes me feel sexy.
Read the lyrics. Listen to Bad Bad Girl on Melissa's myspace.

And people are nonexistant. I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment