Wednesday, October 12, 2005

archive: 12 october 2005: amy ray and capital b

so... what an amazing night. I'll list the craziness with sporadic details and then I need to get onward to bed because I work in the early a.m.

1. Met up with Jo and Lisa and ate dinner at Jo's place. Happy to see Lisa. I got my threads and beads so now I can make those bracelets and necklaces. wooo! Good food, good friends, good times.

2. Jo and I went to The Dame and got there right about 8. I find out a little later that the opening act doesn't start at 8, but its that the doors OPEN at 8, and music starts at 9. doh!

3. Met Angie. Awesomely cute hair in person is absolutely great, and she seems really fun and I was happy to meet her. :)

4. Spotted my ex, Becky, across the bar, but no eye contact. First time I had seen her since we broke up, 6 months ago. Decided that going up to her would be a bad idea. Decided not to try to make eye contact (she told me a long time ago that we could never be friends, and that if we ever ran into each other in the same bar there would be no cordial "hi, how are you?" chit-chat. I know her enough to know this is true.) I pointed her out to Jo. I kinda had it in the back of my mind the rest of the night where Becky was in the bar. She had a lady-friend with her, don't know if they were together or friends, but if they are together, then I would definitely be happy for Becky. I had told her that I wanted nothing but for her to be happy. So I kept pushing it to the back of my mind and kept on having a good time.

5. AMY RAY ROCKED! I didn't know hardly any words to any songs (until the chorus repeated) and damn... I was soooo hyper from live-music-happy-grooving-adrenaline. hehe. She totally loved us. We kept hooting, and whistling and kyak-kyaking! heheh... And she encored us with a cover of Tom Petty's "Refugee." OMG! That was so great! And I know ALL the words to that song, and I was soooo happy and hyper and dancing all over the place and having a hell of a good time I forgot for a brief second about other things going on in my head about other people. :) It was a nice brief moment.

6. Capital B is AWESOME. I had suspicions that she was Bitch of Bitch and Animal and it turned out that I was right. Fantastic!! She kept sorta flashing us on the left side. She had on this little tiny striped "skirt" scrap wrap thingie. Didn't totally cover her butt. But it was a cute butt. hehe. She was so Pink and her hair rocked all over the place. Loved her music and her poetry.

7. Too bad I was very limited on funds and couldn't get an Amy Ray T-shirt right then... They are not selling them on the website unless there are some left over at the end of the tour.

ok!! Bedtime. Good dreams, I hope.

Oh, and Jo said that she saw Becky look over a few times, when we were really having a good time. Its a good thing that she see me having a good time, and I would have liked to have seen her having a good time. The few times I glanced over there I did see that she was smiling, and that is a good thing.

happy dreams to all and to all a good night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment