Thursday, October 27, 2005

archive: 27 october 2005: nightwalking

At about 12:15 last night I went for a walk. I took the garbage out, looked up at the stars, and saw that they were actually very clearly visible. Orion, Cassopia, Taurus, the Pleiades, a few others... I wanted to stand out there for a long time, but the longer you stand still the colder you feel. The cold seeps into your blood, bones, and being. So I grabbed my mp3 player and went out the door, up the street, down Chesnut, around and around Fee Street, back down Chesnut, behind the library, into the Quad, down to and around back of Boone Tavern, to the parking lot there, and over by the dorm, and then straight back to my home from there. Overall, the latenight cold singing and star admiring peaceful solitude nightwalk was a little over an hour long. It felt damn good. Sleep was deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment