Monday, October 17, 2005

archive: 17 october 2005: fun work talk silliness

You know, I really do like these people I work with every day. Shannon, Harry, Steve, and Grace. Shannon just got through telling me about this woman who is requesting images of Berea College so that she can make a quilt, and she's only in the selection process. Well, that's not so bad if they were not planning on finishing and presenting the quilt at Homecoming in three weeks. And whatever images she chooses has to be scanned still! So little time and so much else going on. But it seems that Harry gets here pretty early in the morning, before 8 a.m., and he has already photocopied many images for her perusal....
Harry: That's why I get paid the Big Bucks.
Shannon: haha... That's why you SHOULD be getting the Big Bucks.
:)
It might have been funnier hearing it than retelling it.

Ok. I better get back to "work." hehe

I do wonder if I might possibly get offered a position here permanently. It'd be pretty neat, but then again, I do like the idea of moving again. Going someplace knew and starting over... again. But, I only just started here! Like, made really good friends this summer, etc etc. Practically took me a year to get that far. Maybe it is just a matter of growing each time, and not letting the reclusive and reserved person in me grabbing too much of a hold and not letting me meet people and make friends. I am shy. Not with friends, but I am shy in the very beginning of making friends and dates.

anyway... rambling again. work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment