Sunday, October 2, 2005

archive: 2 october 2005: strange dream

I just had a strange dream...
I went out to eat with Jo, Lisa, Billy, and Jeff. Then they dropped me off somewhere, probably a bookstore or coffeehouse place, and went on their way to something else. I ran into Becky at whereever I was. She didn't seem angry or upset or anything. She smiled, and was all friendly-like. Then when she talked to me, I felt this was really weird. She started asking questions about if I was dating anyone, etc. Then she took me around places to introduce me to single women close to my age. I felt very awkward about the whole thing 'cause it was Becky and she wasn't appearing upset at all. She knew people who had profiles online (she's never done anything on the internet, which would surprise me if she has now). She introduced me to someone who's nickname online is "little love" (this is a song title of Melissa Ferrick's). The coffeehouse seemed like a huge mansion, or else that's what this place became. "Little love" was playing on a laptop on a chaise lounge. Then Becky and I went into another room and she introduced me to two other women who were sitting on a bed. I was looking across the room through a doorway into the hallway there which looked like a hospital. And someone I knew (but I didn't know their name or face in the dream, just that I knew them) was on a bed being carted away. Oh, and there were snack machines and food everywhere. And Becky weighed 50 pounds heavier than when I knew her (in the year before I met her she had lost about 100 pounds on some soy diet plan.) In the dream she was talking about all these snack machines in every room of this mansion/coffeehouse. I thought it was weird and comment that not every room needs a snack machine; the world eats too many unhealthy snacks all the time anyway, don't need to make matters worse." She gave me this look which said, "WTF??" Then I woke up.

Very strange. Hadn't had a dream about Becky since before we broke up, six months ago. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment