Tuesday, October 25, 2005

archive: 26 october 2005: xanga and missing folks

haha... I forgot I actually have this. Last time I had written in it was a day or two before I left for my interview for this job. Wow. I completely forgot about it. I got it because some other friends had just gotten one, but they never write in theirs, and I just deleted those subscriptions. I left the Chance Fisher one 'cause Sam's a friend and the band is still together.

I need to see if they are going to play anywhere around Jackson around Thanksgiving. Maybe I can go. I miss some of the Mississippi folks.

I am going to live a life of missing people from a number of places. But what will make it special is the connect-the-dot landscape of the places I have been, the people I meet, love, and know, and the memories attached to each place, bitter and sweet, sad and happy.

I really wonder where I will land next. I don't believe Berea will be able to offer me another job at the college archives. If anything around here, maybe UK will need someone for something. That will be one of the first places I send a unsolicited resume (whether they have a job opening or not), but most likely I will find myself either going as far as Louisville or out of the state.

I will not move back to Mississippi unless it is dire, like Mom is ill and needs taking care of or something like that.

I will not work in Alabama or Florida. Those states hold no appeal to me.

Ok. I am going to go watch Journey to Kafiristan. I should have bought popcorn. I am craving nibble-food.

No comments:

Post a Comment