Sunday, November 13, 2005

archive: 13 november 2005: home again

I am home.

My car freaked me out Friday when I was 10 miles away from my destination. The check engine light came on, but the car wasn't making any strange sounds or shaking oddly. So I just talked to my car (yes, I tell her that she's doing allright and to just get me where I need to go and I'll treat her right. hehe) and I got to the hotel parking garage. Met up with my cousin and her roommate. Miss my cousin, but she's grown up. Still sweet, but... I don't know... but anyway, she's told me about her latest relationships and all that. I think she may be making good choices. Her roommate I thought was pretty cool on Friday, but by the end of the day on Saturday she was starting to grate on my nerves. Maybe it was jealousy or my own self-esteem getting in my way of having a good time and not caring, but the girl just seemed to start having this know-it-all attitude and "miss priss" way of things. That grates my nerves. I don't spend an hour getting ready to go anywhere. I'm happy with myself in about 20 minutes and they're still primping. gah. Anyway... whatever.

I checked the oil in my car on Saturday and found that it was low. I must have a leak because I have never had to replace ALL the oil. Usually when I find it is low, it is only about half full, but this was practically empty. So I walked to a gas station and back and filled it. Light still stayed on. This morning I found an auto place, but not the right guy was working. The guy who was working took a peek and he said it didn't look like it was anything to worry about. That the light may be on 'cause of some oxygen not firing right or something like that. I don't remember. But I have driven it all the way back to Berea with no sign of problems. Tomorrow during lunch I am dropping my car off at DNC and letting them give it a look-over. Go ahead and get the oil change that was due this month anyway, and see what else needs fixing up. DNC is the reliable old-timer mechanic shop folks trust around here. "won't tell you something needs fixing that doesn't need fixing."

I gotta make sure it is working fine so that I can go home for Thanksgving.

Well, I am home. Visitors are welcome to stop in and visit. I will be cleaning house and blasting music.

No comments:

Post a Comment